Reality TV has scooped up musicians as a new and popular hype. Retired musicians, as well as those attempting to jump start a second-wind in their career, have now allowed their personal lives to be taped for the sake of exposure.
Some famous musicians have taken the path to finding love, as Bret Michaels, lead singer of Poison did, in his three seasons of ‘Rock of Love’. Others choose to exhibit a family life worthy of television, introducing Hollywood living at its best. The TOP 5 rated musicians whom have made reality TV appealing are:
1) Reverend Joseph ‘Run’ Simmons – Run’s House – Reverend Run, of Run DMC exhibits his hit rapper-turned-minister ways as a family man attempting to consistently manage his six children (Vanessa, Angela, Jojo, Diggy, Russy and Miley), and the launch of his come-back career. Rev. Run, alongside his wife Justine, have proven to be an act to follow since the show’s initial air in 2005.
MTV has since launched five seasons of the rapper’s New Jersey lifestyle, which has also led to the spin-off, ‘Daddy’s Girls‘. In Daddy’s Girls, the reverend’s daughters Vanessa and Angela leave home to pursue their career in fashion, while still staying in touch with Daddy ‘Run‘.
2) Ozzy Osbourne – The Osbournes – This kooky Prince of Darkness has become one of America’s favorite TV fathers. The Osbournes, a series featuring the domestic life of Osbourne and his family (wife Sharon, children Jack and Kelly and special guest appearances from his son Louis) Ozzy and Sharon’s oldest daughter Aimee declined to participate in the show, completely. The program became one of MTV’s greatest hits, premiering in March 2002. The family’s final episode aired March 21, 2005.
3) Gene Simmons – Gene Simmons Family Jewels was a series that premiered in 2006. The show follows the life of K.I.S.S. bassist and vocalist Gene Simmons, his longtime partner Shannon Tweed, and their two children, Nick (born 1989) and Sophie (born 1992). The show is similar to The Osbournes in that it follows a rock star and his family through their everyday lives. Season four ran from June 7, 2009 until August 16, 2009.
4) Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood is an American television reality show starring rapper Snoop Dogg and his family. His family includes wife Shante, daughter Cori whom he calls “Choc”, son Cordell whom he calls “Rook”, and his oldest son Corde whom he calls “Spank”. It premiered December 9, 2007 on E!, and premiered on January 13, 2008 in the UK. It is rated TV-14, but is often mistaken to be rated for a more mature audience. The series initially broadcasted on E!. The second season debuted November 30, 2008.
5) William ‘Flavor Flav’ Drayton – Flavor of Love premiered on VH1 after the rapper’s two prior reality shows, ‘Strange Love ‘ and ‘The Surreal Life 3’. In season one, 25 women from around the globe competed for Flavor’s heart. Women underwent physical, mental and emotional challenges all under the public eye. The winner of the season was awarded, not only Flavor’s heart, but also a set of gold teeth.
Jeff Bachmeier is owner of 977music.com, an online music and online radio station network providing live streaming Internet Radio channels with music from the 50’s thru Today. Users can also choose to create their own customized on demand playlist through their own social media profile. For more information please visit http://www.977music.com.