- The Beatles were a rock and pop band from Liverpool, England that formed in 1960.
- The Beatles are one of the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed bands in the history of popular music, selling over one billion records internationally.
- In the United Kingdom, The Beatles released more than 40 different singles, albums, and EPs that reached number one, earning more number one albums (15) than any other group in UK chart history.
- According to the Recording Industry Association of America, The Beatles have sold more albums in the United States than any other band.
- In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked The Beatles number one on its list of 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
- Billboard magazine released a list of top-selling Hot 100 artists to celebrate the chart's fiftieth anniversary; The Beatles topped it.
- The Beatles made their first live American television appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show on 9 February 1964.
- ennon announced his departure to the rest of the group on 20 September 1969, but agreed that no announcement was to be publicly made until a number of legal matters were resolved.
- McCartney publicly announced the break-up on 10 April 1970, a week before releasing his first solo album, McCartney.
- In February 1994, the three surviving Beatles reunited to produce and record additional music for a few of Lennon's home recordings.
- On 4 March 2009 the BBC reported that Sir Paul will headline a charity concert with one of the special guests listed as Ringo Starr. The concert is set for 4 April 2009 at Radio City Music Hall.
Members of this Group
Share The Beatles! Tell your friends about The Beatles on 977music - share the joy of on-demand artist playlists!