Top of Free Internet Radio content area

How's the station?

Home » Forums » Station Chatter » Smooth Jazz » How's the station?

Austin
8-31-2009 (11:37 pm)

Do you enjoy listening to the smooth channel? and where do you normally listen from?

Take Care,

Austin

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

al8tor
9-05-2009 (1:54 pm)
I LOVE the Smooth Jazz!!!!  I normally listen to it when I am at work and I am having a stressful day.  For some reason it settles me right down.

Dex-Trope
10-28-2009 (12:20 pm)
I LOVE the Smooth Jazz!!!!  I normally listen to it when I am at work and I am having a stressful day.  For some reason it settles me right down.
It surprised me a bit, but I've found myself listening to this channel more than the others combined, I think. it's perfect for those times I need to concentrate.. Right now, I'm only using the computer at home, so that'd obviously be the only time I listen to it.. It just feels less repetitive than the other stations, which I figure is mostly due to the lack of vocals on most tracks. Which also lends itself better when I'm writing, or otherwise engaged in busy work.

So yeah- I quite like the station.. I just wish the boards were more active!

Joshua

JFrank
11-05-2009 (11:18 am)
It surprised me a bit, but I've found myself listening to this channel more than the others combined, I think. it's perfect for those times I need to concentrate.. Right now, I'm only using the computer at home, so that'd obviously be the only time I listen to it.. It just feels less repetitive than the other stations, which I figure is mostly due to the lack of vocals on most tracks. Which also lends itself better when I'm writing, or otherwise engaged in busy work.

So yeah- I quite like the station.. I just wish the boards were more active!

Joshua

Greetings,

I listen to 97.9 in Seattle.  Smooth Jazz is my source for inspiration and rest.  I have to admit that some of the programming has gotten a bit redundant. and so ti's nice to listen to a new set of programming.  Nice selections!

I sing and direct in a liitle a cappella vocal jazz group and I have been inspired to create my own arragements for the group from music I have heard from smooth jazz stations.  I have also been pleasantly surprised to create an arrangement of something From the past and then hear a new artist has aired a version of the same piece.  "Baby come to Me" is an example.

So for now, " U da Air!"

Peace,

Jfrank

hieho
12-10-2009 (11:37 am)
I've listened to Smooth Jazz stations before (maybe that one, not sure) but last time I tried to listen to it, there was some crappy Xmas thing on. I was abashed. Not for me, then. Maybe after the Christmas it'll be good again.

I only listen to it when I'm at home. I'm used to living in a home with folks around so now living away it often feels so quiet that I like to have some background music. Smooth Jazz works well for that, it isn't too annoying or repetitive and occasionally I even manage to make my homework listening to it since I can't sing along to instrumental songs. :P