Top of Free Internet Radio content area

EARNING POINTS

Home » Forums » Station Chatter » Classic Rock » EARNING POINTS

fournier0717
6-08-2010 (2:04 pm)

MY computer is playing the .977 Classic Rock station for 10-11 hours per day.  IT appears that I only receive on point per day.  IT seems like I should earn more than that.  Can anyone help me get more than one point per day ???

Thank UUUU,

Robert Fournier

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Mic
6-08-2010 (4:31 pm)

Think it will be allot more helpfull if you gave more information.

What player you using? What browser you using? Maybe what operating system? etc...

Jeff
6-08-2010 (9:14 pm)
What player?  Are you logged in first?  Have you read the FAQ?  http://977music.com/faq.html

fournier0717
6-10-2010 (2:15 pm)

Think it will be allot more helpfull if you gave more information.

What player you using? What browser you using? Maybe what operating system? etc...

Using Windows Media Player, on Windows XP Professional. I am automatically logged-on.  I frequently open my profile and make changes, but only get one point per day.  Thanks for your help.

Jeff
6-10-2010 (4:59 pm)
Using Windows Media Player, on Windows XP Professional. I am automatically logged-on.  I frequently open my profile and make changes, but only get one point per day.  Thanks for your help.
Do you see artist and title information and album from within the windows media player?  It should be purple and have a graphics all over it including the 977music logo.

i542
6-12-2010 (5:53 am)
same thing here, listening to Hitz in Windows Media Player 10 and I am stuck on 859 points for 2 hours :/

Flash player doesn't work for me. It probably has something to do with me installing Flash upgrade today o.O

Riou
6-12-2010 (10:58 pm)
same thing here, listening to Hitz in Windows Media Player 10 and I am stuck on 859 points for 2 hours :/

Flash player doesn't work for me. It probably has something to do with me installing Flash upgrade today o.O
Yea having the same issue with new updated flash that was released on 6/10, It doesn't play sound in the flash stream player, but it will play in the playlist

NC_Barbara
6-14-2010 (2:26 pm)
Hi Jeff!

New here and am thoroughly enjoying all the site has to offer. Great job!

I'm on Windows XP, Firefox 3.6.3 and am using the Windows Media Player for 80s and Classic Rock stations, am logged into the website, and yes, I see the purple design and ads in the player.

However, I too am not earning points for listening time. 

How many points, per solid hour of listening, does one earn? 

Thanks!
Barbara

Jeff
6-14-2010 (7:46 pm)
Hi Jeff!

I'm on Windows XP, Firefox 3.6.3 and am using the Windows Media Player for 80s and Classic Rock stations, am logged into the website, and yes, I see the purple design and ads in the player.

Thanks!
Barbara
If you are using the windows media player you wouldn't be using firefox for that.  The windows media player only uses Internet Explorer.  What version of IE do you have?  I'm starting to think that you will need to use Internet Explorer to log in to the website and then connect to the windows media player through IE. Once done you should be able to close out the IE browser.

NC_Barbara
6-15-2010 (3:44 pm)
Hi Jeff!

Thanks!
Barbara
AHHHHH! I "live" in Firefox, so I didn't realize that you had to login via IE in order to get credited for Media Player usage. D'oh!  

I'll give that whirl and let you know in a day or so if that did the trick or not.

FYI, I have IE 8.0.6001.18702 == guess that's just IE 8 =)

NC_Barbara
6-15-2010 (4:48 pm)
AHHHHH! I "live" in Firefox, so I didn't realize that you had to login via IE in order to get credited for Media Player usage. D'oh!  

I'll give that whirl and let you know in a day or so if that did the trick or not.

FYI, I have IE 8.0.6001.18702 == guess that's just IE 8 =)

Yup, signing in via IE does the trick.  Credits are now accumulating for listening via Media Player.

Thank you! =D

Jeff
6-16-2010 (4:25 am)

Yup, signing in via IE does the trick.  Credits are now accumulating for listening via Media Player.

Thank you! =D

Yeah I figured that's the problem.  I'm going to put this issue into the FAQ on the site so other people with the same problem will know what to do.

Thanks

NC_Barbara
6-19-2010 (10:50 am)

Yeah I figured that's the problem.  I'm going to put this issue into the FAQ on the site so other people with the same problem will know what to do.

Thanks

Great idea, Jeff.

It's still working great. =)