Top of Free Internet Radio content area

The "shopit genie"

Home » Forums » Station Chatter » The 80s » The "shopit genie"

B-Rad
6-30-2010 (9:59 am)

First off, I listen to this station all day and its excellent.  Thanks for this free service!!.

Now, I have to say that "shopit genie" ad is sooooooooo annoying that I am starting to listen to other 80's stations.  I know you have to make money somehow and I understand the importance of these ads, but please please please try and change it to something different!!!!!!! 

Cheers

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

adangel
6-30-2010 (1:14 pm)

You can't zone the commercial out?  The commercials are so rare on this station that I do not even notice when a commercial break is on.

If your ears and mind are that sensitive to hearing the commericals hit "mute" real fast :)  Just a suggestion.

But, I kind of agree with your comment.  It would be nice if the commercials could be switched up from time-to-time. 

carlajulianna
6-30-2010 (4:20 pm)

You can't zone the commercial out?  The commercials are so rare on this station that I do not even notice when a commercial break is on.

If your ears and mind are that sensitive to hearing the commericals hit "mute" real fast :)  Just a suggestion.

But, I kind of agree with your comment.  It would be nice if the commercials could be switched up from time-to-time. 

To be honest, I find this station so awesome that I look past and block out the commercials! I am so eager to hear what they are gonna play next to even be bothered with advertisements! If you are a true fan of .977 like I am, you'd learn to just ignore it!

I've listened to other stations and I find them SOOOO annoying! Not .977 stations but other stations networked on shoutcast! This is the best station I've ever heard! The music is amazing and they play all the best top hits, there's so many songs that I learned to like just by listening too and so many songs I didn't know existed! Makes my work day zoom on bye...which is exactly what I want when it's a sunny day and I'm stuck in an office - BLAH!

Anyways it's too bad you feel that way b-rad! I say mute the commercials too! Anyway, have a happy work day - xoxo - Carla Julianna

adangel
7-01-2010 (11:35 am)

To be honest, I find this station so awesome that I look past and block out the commercials! I am so eager to hear what they are gonna play next to even be bothered with advertisements! If you are a true fan of .977 like I am, you'd learn to just ignore it!

I've listened to other stations and I find them SOOOO annoying! Not .977 stations but other stations networked on shoutcast! This is the best station I've ever heard! The music is amazing and they play all the best top hits, there's so many songs that I learned to like just by listening too and so many songs I didn't know existed! Makes my work day zoom on bye...which is exactly what I want when it's a sunny day and I'm stuck in an office - BLAH!

Anyways it's too bad you feel that way b-rad! I say mute the commercials too! Anyway, have a happy work day - xoxo - Carla Julianna

I totally zone the commercial breaks out and if I do realize that the commercial is on it is almost over. 

Love the station!  I love listening to the 80's and 90's stations because it always brings back memories...good and bad.  Days when I am in a bad mood I listen to Alternative as a way to help me vent in silence.  On days when I am completely bored I will listen to Comedy...always keeps me laughing!  Love, love, love this .977!

disgustipated
7-01-2010 (12:19 pm)
I have to agree with everyone else. Just zone it out. Listening to this station helped prepare me for the birth of my daughter last month. I can just zone out her cries with ease thanks to what I've learned here.

adangel
7-01-2010 (12:41 pm)
I have to agree with everyone else. Just zone it out. Listening to this station helped prepare me for the birth of my daughter last month. I can just zone out her cries with ease thanks to what I've learned here.

Nice.  Having the ability to zone out the cries of your baby should give you a "Parent of the Year" award. 

Whenever I hear a baby cry it breaks my heart...no possible way I could zone that out.

Jeff
7-03-2010 (12:38 pm)
I understand your concern but if you truly knew what it costs to support this website and all 11 channels of music, you'd rethink your thoughts.  Our only way to pay for these costs and keep it free for you is by advertising.  It's just a fact of life.  i suppose we could charge a subscription fee to access our music and site but I've never been a big fan of that.

RadioGirl311
7-06-2010 (9:17 am)
I understand your concern but if you truly knew what it costs to support this website and all 11 channels of music, you'd rethink your thoughts.  Our only way to pay for these costs and keep it free for you is by advertising.  It's just a fact of life.  i suppose we could charge a subscription fee to access our music and site but I've never been a big fan of that.

Jeff,

I'm also in the radio business... keep playing the music/commercials as is.  You do a fantastic job! =) 

Dex-Trope
7-07-2010 (10:31 am)

Jeff,

I'm also in the radio business... keep playing the music/commercials as is.  You do a fantastic job! =) 

Ironially, I thought it was one of the less annoying commercials.. other than the one where the guy is claiming to have paid three twenty for the Wii at a Wal Mart (What, he tipped them sixty bucks?) then goes to brag about paying roughly twenty dollars more than the Wii actually costs these days.

I think the point of the commercial is, "Hey look, we're cheaper than purposfully finding the highest price in the US you can possibly find!" :)

I am glad this exists so I could get that off my chest. But I do have to admit, a subscription based service of a rewards website would be ironic.. I wonder if anyone would use it. :)

J

metraeus
10-26-2010 (9:44 pm)

Ironially, I thought it was one of the less annoying commercials.. other than the one where the guy is claiming to have paid three twenty for the Wii at a Wal Mart (What, he tipped them sixty bucks?) then goes to brag about paying roughly twenty dollars more than the Wii actually costs these days.

I think the point of the commercial is, "Hey look, we're cheaper than purposfully finding the highest price in the US you can possibly find!" :)

I am glad this exists so I could get that off my chest. But I do have to admit, a subscription based service of a rewards website would be ironic.. I wonder if anyone would use it. :)

J

I agree. Especially when it comes to the "episode" when the "satisfied user" calls his wife to check out how much they could have saved on a "Nintendo Wii", and at the end of the "conversation" "it's unbelievable" is the best they can come up with , after they figure out what fools they were when they paid full price, before they used the "genie". Yeah...I'd be ecstatic too, to find out that I could have saved so much money...I wouldn't feel like a complete retard. I would have been glad that I had the "genie" (after the fact).