Top of Free Internet Radio content area
977music_26
cms_head_left

Regarding "Hot or Not"

cms_head_right
Home » Forums » 977Music Chatter » Site Suggestions » Regarding "Hot or Not"

Zsolt245
6-07-2009 (12:05 pm)
I'm aware there is an option if the user wants to participate in the service or not, but I would recommend that only those users get into the "machine" who have uploaded a picture of themselves, regardless that they may have ticked the box to participate.

Not much to see on a default gender based blue/pink picture :)

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Maarten
6-08-2009 (1:33 pm)
Second Problem; how do you wanna see if these photo's are there real photo's, is so easy to put someones others pic on it! (By the way, Don't Wacht my spelling misstakes Because I'm a Ducht man)

Zsolt245
6-08-2009 (4:02 pm)
Second Problem; how do you wanna see if these photo's are there real photo's, is so easy to put someones others pic on it! (By the way, Don't Wacht my spelling misstakes Because I'm a Ducht man)
Yeah, I thought about that as well.
But I don't think there could be anything done about that :/

On some pictures you can see the professional editing :D
At least the default pics could be sorted out :)

Dullais
6-11-2009 (2:45 pm)

Third prob. if i look many people, i have a ban:(

Cricuts
6-12-2009 (10:17 pm)
You guys are so right!!   I'm sick & tired of looking & rating profiles that are not pics of themselves. I thought that there would only be true pics of the person. Fat joke!!! Don't know if I ever will vote again. Think the owner should do something.

TheBrin
6-16-2009 (8:44 pm)

Well, recently a website I hang around in has implemented a user verification system.
Basically, the user is given five randomly-generated instructions for pictures. For example: "Take a picture of yourself holding up a piece of paper with the letter 'R'" or "Take a picture of yourself with three of your right hand fingers on your forehead"

They take five of these pictures. An administrator or moderator examines the generator's requests alongside the pictures posted by the user, and approves the user as "Verified" if the pictures match the requests.

Yeah, it's a round about way of doing it I suppose, and I don't really see 977 as a social network who would put an emphasis on genuine users.

My 2 cents.

TheBrin
6-16-2009 (8:48 pm)
Well, recently a website I hang around in has implemented a user verification system.
Basically, the user is given five randomly-generated instructions for pictures. For example: "Take a picture of yourself holding up a piece of paper with the letter 'R'" or "Take a picture of yourself with three of your right hand fingers on your forehead"

They take five of these pictures. An administrator or moderator examines the generator's requests alongside the pictures posted by the user, and approves the user as "Verified" if the pictures match the requests.

Yeah, it's a round about way of doing it I suppose, and I don't really see 977 as a social network who would put an emphasis on genuine users.

My 2 cents.
Also, people often like to put something snazzy as their profile picture, like me. It's clearly edited, and isn't meant to reflect me in any way. So perhaps users would be able to choose which picture of them would be displayed in hot or not.

Jeff
6-29-2009 (2:55 pm)
Also, people often like to put something snazzy as their profile picture, like me. It's clearly edited, and isn't meant to reflect me in any way. So perhaps users would be able to choose which picture of them would be displayed in hot or not.

Very soon, I will have a way to view everyone's profile pic and make sure the proper pics are displayed in the hot or not area.  I agree that only original pics should be in the hot or not or at least a pic I think is cool :)

Byteman
7-01-2009 (8:34 am)

Very soon, I will have a way to view everyone's profile pic and make sure the proper pics are displayed in the hot or not area.  I agree that only original pics should be in the hot or not or at least a pic I think is cool :)

Those profiles in the Hot or Not that do not have an "actual" pic of themseleves I usually vote low. I would like to see an actual pic there instead of the default. I would prefer not to waste my time with those. Now even though my pic was edited that is the real me in the pic taken on the same day with the same camera but in two different shots. I wanted to see if I could manage editing it and making it all good. Oh well.

977music_58