Top of Free Internet Radio content area

Comedy Playlist

Home » Forums » Station Chatter » Comedy » Comedy Playlist

UserFriendly666
10-24-2010 (7:24 pm)

Hi 977 members!

I find myself quite saddened by some people's recent opinions on the Comedy Channel. Some want Doug Stanhope removed, while some can't stand Andrew Dice Clay.

In my (very simple) mind, Comedy is something that everyone has their own opinions on, and is a very "Can't Pleae Everybody" station. My personal taste is more for these Comedians and more against the Jerky Boys. I like the more risky comedy - but that isn't the point of this post!

The point here is that the Comedy channel is a bit thin on the ground for new material, so why not try to suggest new Comedy bits instead of removing bits that some may find too offensive. As someone from the UK, I could always suggest some excellent British Comedians, but I don't know how the American market will take the material. Jasper Carrot or Johnny Vegas anyone???

977 still has one of the best comedy stations on the 'net - we can only make it better by adding more variety. If you (the reader of this post) get offended by Race/ Gender/ Sexuality/ Prank Call/ Sex/ Religion/ Redneck/ Etc jokes, don't order it banned - just take pity on the Comedian for 5 minutes, and suggest more alternatives for this station.

Enough of my rant.

Party on everyone! See you in Chat!

UserFriendly666

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

nelly882
10-24-2010 (7:53 pm)
I totally agree. It should have variety. Everyone has different tastes, that's just human nature.

rosebud
10-24-2010 (8:25 pm)
I totally agree. It should have variety. Everyone has different tastes, that's just human nature.
Just like music there should be a variety to meet different tastes within Comedy and not limit them. Bring the Brits! Bring other international comedians. Enjoy and I hope you get a nice variety.

redfox26
11-03-2010 (1:38 am)
Just like music there should be a variety to meet different tastes within Comedy and not limit them. Bring the Brits! Bring other international comedians. Enjoy and I hope you get a nice variety.

i like  what ive heard so far

i think we should get more of the clasic comics like redd foxx  the earlyu years it might be a nice change