Top of Free Internet Radio content area
977music_26
cms_head_left

Is anyone getting Scribblenaughts?

cms_head_right
Home » Forums » General Chatter » Video Games » Is anyone getting Scribblenaughts?

Dex-Trope
9-15-2009 (11:18 am)

For those who aren't fortunate enough to be in the know, the whole premise of the game (Nintendo DS exclusive) is you solve puzzles using.. virtually anything. You just type the word in, and as long as it's in the system's tens of thousands of words, you can pull it up to help you solve the puzzle in order to collect a starite. For example, a starite in a tree can be solved by pulling up a bed to jump off of, attaching glue at the end of a pole and using it, or by attaching wings to yourself to fly up to get it.. The only limitation is your imagination. (Plus, you obviously can't use vulgar words or trademark properties.)

I am not sure when, but I am hoping to pick it up myself soon. It sounds like you could just spend hours mixing and matching items, and seeing how they interact. (Which sounds fairly complex. Animals run around, and can be 'killed' for meat. Glue will help get items to stick to each other. You can even arrange fights between ninjas and pirates, if you want. Or cats and dogs, or.. you get the point.)

The only downside is, although IGN rated it an 8.7, they mentioned it's a pain to control your actual avatar, since you don't control him directly. Still, with over 200 puzzles, it sounds like it could really be a game with some serious reply potential.

Soo.. is anyone else snagging it? If you already have, how fun is it in practice?

J

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Jeff
9-18-2009 (10:03 am)
Now that's an interesting game.  I wish I have a Ninetendo DS.  I'd try it out.

Dex-Trope
9-21-2009 (12:58 am)
Now that's an interesting game.  I wish I have a Ninetendo DS.  I'd try it out.
I've ran into a few glitches, sadly.. I can't even get create a stage to work.. It froze up a couple times too, sadly.. but mostly, it's been a blast!

Fun errata...

it's worth noting one of the alternate avatars you can purchase to play it with is listed as a dj.. although it looks more like a disco reject to me *Grins* Typing up "Jeff" brings up a Fonz looking guy in a black leather coat.. I have no idea why.

I can't type in 977 since it doesn't allow for letters.. although hand writing it in is translated to "G??" - then asks if I mean Gag, gal, or Gaf. None of which strikes me as particularly interesting. But it could be weirder, I guess.. My own first real name- Joshua- brings up a biker in a flag themed helmet.. anyone got an explanation for that one? :)

Oh- got any words you want me to try for you?

J/ Wilde
"HEEEEY!"

Jeff
9-21-2009 (4:21 pm)
I've ran into a few glitches, sadly.. I can't even get create a stage to work.. It froze up a couple times too, sadly.. but mostly, it's been a blast!

Fun errata...

it's worth noting one of the alternate avatars you can purchase to play it with is listed as a dj.. although it looks more like a disco reject to me *Grins* Typing up "Jeff" brings up a Fonz looking guy in a black leather coat.. I have no idea why.

I can't type in 977 since it doesn't allow for letters.. although hand writing it in is translated to "G??" - then asks if I mean Gag, gal, or Gaf. None of which strikes me as particularly interesting. But it could be weirder, I guess.. My own first real name- Joshua- brings up a biker in a flag themed helmet.. anyone got an explanation for that one? :)

Oh- got any words you want me to try for you?

J/ Wilde
"HEEEEY!"
How about "radio"

Dex-Trope
9-22-2009 (8:29 am)
How about "radio"

Of course!

Actually- I don't know if this counts as odd or not, but bringing up a "radio" brings up the exact same item that "boom box" does. I can't see a difference between the two items at all. Interacting with it causes a small in game chime.. I forget what normally causes it. If you put a dj by it (or any other music instrument which can be carried), he'll happily pick it up.

Oddly enough, it seems to 'short out' when dropped in water, but continues to work... at least, if you put it back on dry land.

Come on, you gotta have something tougher than that! :)

Also- the more I look at their 'dj,' the more he looks like the illegitimate lovechild of disco and Bozo the clown.. Your mileage may vary.

J/ Wilde

977music_58