Top of Free Internet Radio content area
977music_26
cms_head_left

Flash player/Window Media playr

cms_head_right
Home » Forums » 977Music Chatter » Help and Support » Flash player/Window Media playr

click67
1-13-2011 (12:15 pm)
How can I get the points to work using Windows media player?  I've had it with this flash player, don;t know what version flash player is better, what browser/version is better? what version WMP, etc....?

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Resa
1-13-2011 (2:05 pm)
I switched about an hour ago from the Flash version (which cuts out, but gives points), to WMP (which works but doesn't give points).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to listen and get points at the same time, if possible.

Jeff
1-13-2011 (5:11 pm)
I switched about an hour ago from the Flash version (which cuts out, but gives points), to WMP (which works but doesn't give points).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to listen and get points at the same time, if possible.
If you login with another browser other than Internet Explorer and then use the Windows Media Player to listen.  You will not earn points.  This is well written and covered in our FAQ section.

Resa
1-14-2011 (9:55 am)
If you login with another browser other than Internet Explorer and then use the Windows Media Player to listen.  You will not earn points.  This is well written and covered in our FAQ section.
Its not safe to use IE, ever.  You guys proved that when you had that malware push through your ads a few months back... 

Telling someone to run IE to use your product is essentially giving them a choice between using a product (and getting them infected with malware in the process), or not using the product at all.

I guess I'll either have to deal with the flash cutting out constantly, or I'll just stop using your website.

Jeff
1-14-2011 (1:36 pm)
Its not safe to use IE, ever.  You guys proved that when you had that malware push through your ads a few months back... 

Telling someone to run IE to use your product is essentially giving them a choice between using a product (and getting them infected with malware in the process), or not using the product at all.

I guess I'll either have to deal with the flash cutting out constantly, or I'll just stop using your website.

Not our choice.  The only way windows media player will talk with our system is through IE.  Not our choice.  Blame Microsoft.

Jeff
1-14-2011 (2:14 pm)

Not our choice.  The only way windows media player will talk with our system is through IE.  Not our choice.  Blame Microsoft.

What version of FF are you using?  I'm using 3.6.13 and flash 10,1,53,64  and they are working fine.  I've been listening to the flash player all morning and this afternoon without a single hiccup.

977music_58