Top of Free Internet Radio content area

Internet speed and traffic requirements

Home » Forums » 977Music Chatter » Help and Support » Internet speed and traffic requirements

Vaheteiole
2-15-2011 (10:09 pm)

I am planing to get internet service for my smartphone. What is the minimum speed required? How much traffic would be used in an hour?

Thanks in advance.

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

kizuran
2-16-2011 (1:08 pm)
First and foremost, what cellular network do you subscribe to? It largely depends on the cellular carrier you subscribe to. Secondly, what type of mobile device(s) do you intend to use with your plan?

Jeff
2-16-2011 (6:23 pm)
First and foremost, what cellular network do you subscribe to? It largely depends on the cellular carrier you subscribe to. Secondly, what type of mobile device(s) do you intend to use with your plan?
What he said....

Vaheteiole
2-17-2011 (9:19 am)
My carrier is Tele 2, you probably never heard about it. They offer 3,5G internet connection and promise up to 7,2Mbit/s. Speed is the same with all plans. My phone is Sony Ericsson x10.

Jeff
2-17-2011 (6:19 pm)
My carrier is Tele 2, you probably never heard about it. They offer 3,5G internet connection and promise up to 7,2Mbit/s. Speed is the same with all plans. My phone is Sony Ericsson x10.

If you listened for 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 30 days on your phone, you'd consume:  118.652 Gbit(s) or 14.832 Gbyte(s)

Hope that helps.

GrahamF1973
2-21-2011 (11:20 pm)

If you listened for 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 30 days on your phone, you'd consume:  118.652 Gbit(s) or 14.832 Gbyte(s)

Hope that helps.

Oh wow  thanks for that!  i have wondered for a month or 2 how much download  i would use listening to 977music.com  I only get 40Gbytes download allowance per month and i was afriaid to leave my connection on too long in case i went over my limit and got huge fine  but as i do very little else on the internet, except msn or AOL i can listen even more now!

Thanks again for a great Site!!

Vaheteiole
2-22-2011 (12:21 am)

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
That helps a lot.