Top of Free Internet Radio content area

Tag songs and get a notice when they are on

Home » Forums » 977Music Chatter » Site Suggestions » Tag songs and get a notice when they are on

brownsfan019
3-22-2011 (9:31 pm)
Jeff - just wondering if there could be a way to tag a song and then when that song is on any station, you get some kind of notice on the player w/ an option to go to that station. I'm pretty much on the alt station but there are some rap/hitz songs that I wouldn't mind having play as well.

Thanks!

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Jeff
3-23-2011 (12:28 pm)
That would be a cool feature yes.  A while ago we were working on a system that could notify you by e-mail or a text message when a song you tagged was going to be played.  I'll look into reviving that service and maybe make it less complicated by just using the player.

adangel
3-23-2011 (1:32 pm)
This would be an awesome feature!!  I try to switch the stations up from time-to-time at work but if there was a way I could get notified when one of my favorite songs is being played that would be great!

brownsfan019
3-24-2011 (3:05 pm)
That would be a cool feature yes.  A while ago we were working on a system that could notify you by e-mail or a text message when a song you tagged was going to be played.  I'll look into reviving that service and maybe make it less complicated by just using the player.
Sounds good, just an idea to toss out there. There's not a lot of rap or hitz I'm interested in, but enough that would break up the alt station from time-to-time.

As for the alert, personally I would not use it if it was email or text message. Some sort of notification directly in the player would good IMO.