977music_26
cms_head_left

Facebook integration

cms_head_right
Home » Forums » 977Music Chatter » Site Suggestions » Facebook integration

Megaboz
12-08-2009 (12:24 pm)
Hi -

First off, I'd like to say how much I love .977 - I've been listening to Club 977 for 6 or 7 years, it's always been the absolute best 80s station anywhere on the net.  I appreciate all the work you guys have put into it over the years.

I'm sure with discussions regarding the website redesign there were talks about integrating into pre-existing social networks - are there any plans for that?  I know one of the ads mentions "blowing Myspace and Facebook out of the water", which I like the spirit of - but I've also worked as a social network developer for a long time, and I've seen a number of specialized sites trying to build an in-house experience that mirrors a lot of functionality found on larger networks, and ultimately they either can't compete and/or aren't sustainable.  Plus, they require building a user base whose demographic is already involved in other social networks and media. 

I'll probably sound like I work for Facebook for a sec, but they have a pretty robust API these days that allows really tight and in depth integration with photo albums, walls/forums, friends, etc, that would not only allow access to social networking items that are developed/debugged out-of-house, but also gives you instant access to a 300 million user base. 

Again, I like the site redesign and don't want to seem like some random stranger giving unsolicited advice to ditch it and go with something else, and you guys may already have plans for this, but a roll out of facebook integrated items might be awesome for everyone in the long run.

Thanks again for all the years of awesome music!

Report Abuse     Send Message to User     Reply

Jeff
12-08-2009 (3:15 pm)

Funny you mentioned this because we been discussing this is detail and think it would be a good idea to do some integration.

We're just trying to figure out the best way to do that.  It's coming though.

Queina
2-19-2010 (8:53 pm)
I would like to see integration with Facebook as well.

977music_58